Monday, July 31, 2006

A Wet, Drunk, Loud Weekend with Old Friends and Fucked-up Faces...

What a fun weekend! On Friday, Cormac, Jon and I went to Cakeshop to see Hightower. Jake and Shane from Hightower are Jake and Shane from Jiker, who are also skating buddies of mine from when I was like 14. I still get on a skateboard every once in awhile, but I never do anything really daring. These guys STILL skate actively and use it as inspiration for their band. They seem to have not changed from the time that I first met them, which made me feel envious. I feel like I'm getting older and less rocking. And all the time I sense reality tugging at me to grow up, take my job seriously, find a wife and have kids, get a house, etc. These guys never did that shit, never seem to even have had any hang-ups over it. They just did it without question and without reluctance. I admire them and am terribly JEALOUS. It was a very excellent show, but I went home a little depressed.

The next day was the Dream Decievers viewing event at my apartment, which meant I had to CLEAN and think about how much I HATE cleaning. But the event was lots of fun. A comfortable number of people arrived. My friend Jess came, who I go WAY back with. Plus Ms. Mew, Gingerbird, Matt and Cormac. The movie was a little too depressing to base a party around, so afterward Geoff took us to a friends house with a pool and we totally crashed this pool party. Present at this party were members of 914 bands The Vibration and Blue Velvet. They're all rock stars, but they're very nice! The gentleman who owned the pool was named...Brian? Sorry, I was a little drunk. Anyway, thank you for your hospitality and you are welcome in my home any time.

The next day, me, Cormac and Jess pretended we were Holly and slept inside all day. Here's an actual conversation...

Don: We to go out to this nice park I know, if you want.
Cormac: Can we watch that zombie movie?


The zombie movie he was talking about isn't a movie, really. It was Joe Dante's Homecoming from the Masters of Horror series. This movie wasn't very scary, but it was VERY cheesy. The plot is that the war dead from a war much like the Iraq war come back as zombies to vote against the current president, who is a republican and sounds just like Bush when you hear him in the film. In it there is a character who is exactly like Ann Coulter and another character just like Cindy Sheehan. It's not a very good movie, but I like the idea.

Anyway, more pics from the weekend at http://www.flickr.com/photos/sardonic/



Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates