Sunday, July 09, 2006

Ressurected

Okay, first things first: Ken Lay is NOT dead. This is a no-brainer. Again, I'm only a junior detective. But in this day and age, how many 64 year-old billionaires die of heart disease? Let's also consider that he's capable of bribing numerous coroners with more $ than most of us will ever see and still have enough to live out the rest of his life quite comfortably, somewhere sunny and without an extradition treaty to the U.S. And let's consider again that a coroner's job is to look at dead bodies all day for not as much $. And that NOBODY has better means or motive for faking his own death. With contacts all over the world, some of whom have yet evaded prosecution in the Enron scandal. Let's also consider that we know that this man has no scruples and has shown that he is interested only in the preservation and enhancement of his own wealth. So I don't buy it for a second. I really hope someone is looking into this.

I've been busy at work so I haven't felt much like being bloggy lately. At my job I spend a lot of time putting together not-very-exciting language to describe people who aren't very exciting (except that they have $). Basically, it's the kind of writing that makes me feel like not writing at all. So lately it's been lots of TV, video games and heavy metal listening (Lately!)

Otherwise, I've immersing myself in the current pop-culture. I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. It was very good, but very LONG. And SPOILER, like all second films of a trilogy, a much liked character is killed, assuring attendence at Part 3. "Will they bring him back?" I wonder.

I refer to this as Mr. Spock treatment because in the Star Trek movies Mr. Spock is killed in part 2 and ressurrected in part 3. The same happens with Jean Grey in the recent X-men films, Star Wars (Han Solo doesn't "die" really, but his mortality is definitely in question at the end of Empire), The Terminator (okay, a little different, but still...), the Matrix, I think they do some shit like that, I don't know...

Oh yeah! Also in the Bible. Jesus dies in part two, but (and this just for people who haven't seen the movie. SPOILER), something tells me that's not the last we hear of him (Revenge of the Jesusith).

Generally, ressurection is the theme here today. Be it faking your own death, Hollywood magic, or a widely held spiritual belief. Not much difference in those things, if you think about it...hmmm...

Anyways, this is what we've been up to lately. Being lazy at home. Too hot to work on the blog. Holly likes her boxes and plastic bags (good thing I keep those around!) Lots of TV - which SUCKS during summer, in case anyone hasn't noticed. Talk about needing a ressurrection!

I guess I'm supposed to be outside doing something. I've done a little of that. Hit some golf balls last weekend, went to Water Taxi Beach and visited a nice park on the Long Island Sound. But outside's not all it's cracked up to be. It's been HOT and the sun is not very healthy. So fuck that shit! Holly says, "The best way to beat the heat is to lay in a bed of plastic shopping bags. And - this is critical - don't get up, sleep a lot, and move as little as possible."



Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates