Thursday, June 01, 2006

The STINK of vacation!


Yesterday was my first day back to work after taking a week off. I still have 6 vacation days left to use whenever. Yesss!! Vacation was fun. I slept, watched TV, drank coffee, smoked weed, wrote music, did some drawing, and ate Holly's fur. Also, I didn't bathe or shave for like 4 days straight. OH and I saw some good shows.

Boris was awesome. I've never been so into a band where I don't understand a word that's being said. Also, big ups to Wata - she's the guitar player for Boris - a female guitar player, which is very rare in hard rock. The guitarist for the Donnas is very good, but I don't really like that band. Anyway, ladies, Wata says, "It's okay to play heavy-metal guitar!"

Unsane put on a pretty good show. I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I wasn't Un-stoned. There was way too much saliva going around on that stage- Unsane likes to spit, I realized. Uh, I don't really know why. They kept spitting even during instrumental parts. Ew!!

I also saw X-men 3 which I thought was AWESOME. I have a lot of admiration for these films, the actors and the characters and the writers. They all remain true to the sentiment of the comic books, which is "all of us are different - we have to live with each other."

And, with that in mind, read this... The Purpose Driven Life Takers (Part 1)

It's about an upcoming video game put out by the same people who brought you Left Behind and to be marketed in mega-churches. In the game, your mission - both a religious mission and a military mission -- is to convert or kill Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, gays, and anyone who advocates the separation of church and state - especially moderate, mainstream Christians. And the game takes place entirely on the streets of New York City.

I bet the same people who made this game would be offended if you called them "terrorists." And a lot of these folks have lots of $ and heavy political influence. And Mr. Bush makes no bones about which Jesus he loves. And anyone else notice that recently New York City's share of antiterrorism funds was cut by 40 percent by Homeland Security? Kind of like they don't really care what happens to us? Umm...



The report is very inaccurate, especially the reference to Talk2Action. The game does not have the player try to establish a theocracy or kill people who don’t convert. In fact, you are penalized for killing people, even though Christian forces are fighting against the anti-Christ’s army.

See more about the nature of the game, with quotes from secular reviewers who have actually played it:

http://christiancadre.blogspot.com/2006/06/truth-about-left-behind-video-game.html  


So "Layman," we're supposed to believe that people will just play the game by converting people and WON'T kill people, even though you can? That sounds like an exciting game to me!  


You kill innocents who do not convert and you lose. That may not be fun to you, but the game-makers wanted to do it that way. Which may explain why almost no Christian video game has much success competing against their more bloody competitors.  


Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates