Monday, May 01, 2006

Restart...


This is a new blog that I'm starting - same as the old one except I changed the name and hopefully I'll actually write on this one. The one I had before was nice, but annoying. They started posting ads with annoying sounds on the page. But worst of all, I stopped writing on it. Rather, I was writing posts that I thought were too depressing and I decided not to post them.

These are strange days and there's a lot on my mind, not much positive. The price of oil, a new nukes race with Iran, and the dozens of things wrong with Bush. I don't want to get critical or negative or bring anyone down today. Also, the weather is nice and I don't want to spend much time inside at the computer. But I like blogging and I will continue to do it.

Good things in recent weeks: I've seen 2 good shows...
High on Fire at Northsix
I've talked about this band before and my admiration for them is still growing. Other than that, I was way too drunk at this show to comment on it and genuinely claim that I know what I'm talking about.
Subhumans at Knitting Factory
Whoa. The Subhumans started 25 years ago when Reagan was in office and Thatcher had fascist tendencies. Guess what? NOTHING has changed and neither have the Subhumans. They played Religious Wars, Society ("our society what a fucking drag"), Big Brother and Subvert City. The Subhumans are right. Whatever Dick Lucas says is absolutely correct. You should listen to all their songs and follow.

Upcoming shows...
Boris and SunnO))))) at Avalon
Unsane at Knitting Factory

Let me know if you want to come.

ALSO I took a buttload of pictures this weekend - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sardonic/ if you want to see them!



Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates